Laptop repair, HDMI problems

bambinn

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
Hi

I was working on a Lenovo EDGE e420 laptop that had a broken power socket, so i replaced the DC Jack and Lan board. The new power socket works fine, and everything seems to be working properly.

However, since the repair the HDMI output has stopped working. The laptop has Intel HD integrated graphics, and aside from the HDMI it seems to be working normally and has passed diagnostic tests.

I am thinking i might have shorted/damaged something when i was repairing it, but i have no idea what would explain only the HDMI output failure.

The Intel graphics software simple says "monitor/tv settings are not supported".

*Bluetooth does not seem to be working either, however i am not totally sure this model had Bluetooth before, so i'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

check in the bios to make sure all onboard devices are turned on. if the laptop has a gpu/gpu combo mb check that the amd or nvidia card with the power off is seated and the power settings are set right. also on some laptops there are switches and combo keys that can turn devices on and off check that the wifi/bluetooth is on. go to the vendor web page reinstall the intel chipset...video card drivers and bluetooth see if it a driver issue.

bambinn

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

I have exhausted the possibility that this is a setting or driver. Gone trough everything in the BIOS, installed the video driver multiple times and even reinstalled the OS. tried the combo keys in every way possible, and i have tried reinstalling the chipset driver, the bluetooth driver does not find any device.