Laptop to HDTV connection through HDMI

moxie264

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I have also noticed that my hp laptop is automatically detecting that there are 2 display screens but I continue to get "No Signal" on my HDTV. Could there be problem with the TV itself or possible the laptop? I would appreciate any suggestions and I am reallly stumped by this. I've been working on this for a week, but just essentially trying the same things overs and over...

Previous Post:
Hello,
I am trying to connect an HP laptop to a Samsung TV using HDMI cable. Tried using all 3 HDMI ports on TV and 2 different HDMI cables. Have set TV HDMI input to corresponding input as well. Also changed screen resolution on laptop. What else can I do to get this to work? Graphics driver ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series. Error message "No Signal." Please help

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Have you tried rebooting the computer with the cable attached?

Have you looked in your screen display options to see if one is blacked out. (Heck, if your computer is newer, there should be a presentation button on one of the function buttons that'll switch between display modes.)

moxie264

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
I have tried rebooting the computer with the HDMI cable still plugged in, but I continue to get a "No Signal" error on the tv. I can bring up the display options by selectin Fn/F4. I tried selecting both Duplicate and Extend without any luck. What else can I try? :fou:

moxie264

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Yes, the laptop has the Fn +F4 to bring up the display only. I have to manually select the type of display I want: Computer Only, Duplicate, Extend, Projector Only. The weird thing is that on Halloween night I was able to connect fine. I wish that I knew what I did differently!!!

Amartya

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I would suggest that you power up the HD Tv after u have connected the HDMI out cable....Then let it be detected by the laptop and then press f4 for a duplicate screen

moxie264

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

If I select either Extend or Projector in the display options, the laptop screen goes black and the desktop icons disappear. I have to manually restart the computer.

moxie264

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

I still continue"No Signal" on the tv

moxie264

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

I was wondering about that also. I have changed the resolution on the tv to match that on laptop and also have used all 3 HDMI ports to receive a connection.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aparky42 Laptop Tech Support 1
nrmndv Laptop Tech Support 0
msegmx Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 0
Toastbyte Laptop Tech Support 1
Mdot Laptop Tech Support 1
LeoLuca Laptop Tech Support 4
Hifrotech Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
geriuu Laptop Tech Support 3