Laptop won't boot after boot order was changed

MegaRodeon

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
Hi,

The other day I wanted to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10, and I created a bootable USB. The Internet guided me to change the boot order to boot USB first. However, after changing it, the laptop won't boot at all, not even BIOS. The screen stays black, the disk activity indicator lights up for only half a second then gone, and only the power button and the indicator that has a light bulb icon beside are lit up.

I've even tried taking out the CMOS battery but still no use.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[EDIT 1:]
I've created a system repair disc, but the laptop only spins the disc and still doesn't boot from the disc.

[EDIT 2:]
Forgot to say this: my laptop's battery is an unremovable battery, so any method that needs taking out the battery can't be attempted.

Hello MegaRodeon

Sometimes an issue like this can be resolved by hard resetting the laptop. To hard reset:

> Unplug the laptop from the power adapter.

> Pull out its battery.

> Press and hold down the Power button for around 45-60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back in.

> Try booting the laptop this time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

MegaRodeon

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

Oh I forgot to say this; my laptop comes with a built-in battery so I can't attempt your method :( Thanks anyway for your answer!

Hello again MegaRodeon

In that case, you may need to open the laptop's back panel and pull its battery out. I am sure there must be some way to get it done. I can say this because there must be some provision to replace the battery when its life expires.

You can open the back panel, pull out its battery, and then follow the given steps to hard reset your laptop.

Cheers!!

MegaRodeon

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

Nope, still can't. There isn't a way to disconnect the cables.