laptop won't connect to asus mx259

Feb 25, 2018
i have a toshiba laptop, (harmon/kardon line) and am attempting to connect to a new ASUS MX259 monitor via hdmi cable.

No signal detected, tried all the disconnecting/reconnecting/changing source but no luck. Not detectable through control panel either.

Solution
I would suggest trying it on another device, to be sure it works. The monitor that is.

You can try right clicking on your desktop and from the menu that pops up choose "Graphic Properties". In the window that loads, make sure you choose advanced and then check there for using secondary displays. You may need to change the settings in there.
Feb 25, 2018

So I have had the laptop off the entire time, power is connected to the monitor. When it powers on the screen turns blue, shows HDMI 1, and then "hibernates."

With all the correct cables connected I power on the laptop and there's still no connection t0o the monitor.

Yes, the monitor works (at least lets my cycle through the different sources) and the HDMI cord works for an alternate device and alternate screen.

I would suggest trying it on another device, to be sure it works. The monitor that is.

You can try right clicking on your desktop and from the menu that pops up choose "Graphic Properties". In the window that loads, make sure you choose advanced and then check there for using secondary displays. You may need to change the settings in there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS