LCD Blacklight Display

bitse

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
What is Backlight in LCD Display. I have digital camera CAnon SX 230 HS. I want to change the display. When i try in online, it showing with backlight and without backlight. i'm confused about that to choose with or without backlight. PLease help me

Solution
Back lit just means the Screen is using built in light diodes to illuminate the screen further.

In simpler terms let me explain it in general public understanding LCD and LED TV's now we all know LED is back lit, but what most of you don't know is LCD, CRT is also back lit... I mean how else can the image project? :p

So for you to understand this is what you need to know: Do you like it very bright or just kind of bright?

The back lit will assist you when working outside in the sun, when the sun is shining on the LCD screen it will create glare, the back lit will help to balance that glare slightly because the sun will still overpower it however because the light is now stronger you can see a better image than before.

If however...

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Back lit just means the Screen is using built in light diodes to illuminate the screen further.

In simpler terms let me explain it in general public understanding LCD and LED TV's now we all know LED is back lit, but what most of you don't know is LCD, CRT is also back lit... I mean how else can the image project? :p

So for you to understand this is what you need to know: Do you like it very bright or just kind of bright?

The back lit will assist you when working outside in the sun, when the sun is shining on the LCD screen it will create glare, the back lit will help to balance that glare slightly because the sun will still overpower it however because the light is now stronger you can see a better image than before.

If however you are just working inside and there will not be any glare on the screen it's not needed.

It all comes down to how you will use the camera and personal preference...

I don't use it, you might love it...

Solution

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Not exactly but it's hard to explain.

As a rule of thumb you want back lit since you can always switch it off but if you don't have it you can't really get it now can you? So it's best to have it trust me :) You never know when you will be needing it...

So my recommendation is get with back lighting...