LCD cable or LCD itself?

Dec 13, 2018
Hello

I have a acer aspire v5-573G and suddenly I get this one part of the screen with grey lines. So no other random parts of the screen. When I have a white background, the part gets yellow. With mixed colors u see discolored pixels. When i move the lid it goes away. Or if i put a little pressure on the cover or on the screen.

I tried to move the part of the lcd cable where the keyboard is but not really any changes. Only with the lid like i said.

How can i really know if its the lcd cable? I tried to unmount the screen while the pc was on and pushing on the screen itself didnt do anything. Only When i had the screen back in place.

Some photos!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uz3sf0oXkwrkh4uB21eEy5QYfyktBjgv/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14xb1Tm0OQzmaXEZJRNtLXD3hPEh5Ih-7/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JIFsPdFWxnVanQpyqDRVwaaPxQVtk3sl/view?usp=drivesdk

It could really be either. However replacing the cable would be cheaper than replacing the display.

First try disconnecting and then reconnecting the cable at both ends. Doing this, rather than just wiggling it to see if it is loose is a better option. You can't really tell unless you totally disconnect it and then reconnect it on both ends.

Then check to see if the cable is pinched, bent, damaged, etc., anywhere. If it is, then it is likely needing replacing.

If you then replace the cable and the issue still continues, then you need to replace the display itself.

It could really be either. However replacing the cable would be cheaper than replacing the display.

First try disconnecting and then reconnecting the cable at both ends. Doing this, rather than just wiggling it to see if it is loose is a better option. You can't really tell unless you totally disconnect it and then reconnect it on both ends.

Then check to see if the cable is pinched, bent, damaged, etc., anywhere. If it is, then it is likely needing replacing.

If you then replace the cable and the issue still continues, then you need to replace the display itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mharte88 Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 0
Nickpug9 Laptop Tech Support 1
kaidiat Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 1