Left and Right Audio channels randomly switch when playing games or watching videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyKeanu

Commendable
May 5, 2016
Hello, I have had this issue for a long time now. The issue has just started to get ridiculous upon launching Overwatch. It happens in other games too but mainly this one is every other minute I will have to physically switch my headphones around my head to hear the game correctly.

I am using a Blue Yeti Microphone, connected to a USB 2.0 slot, on the Yeti Microphone I have connected some generic Sennheiser headphones. My issue is that the audio will randomly switch channels (my left audio is now my right and vice versa). This issue has plagued me for a long time now and no fixes that I have found seem to resolve this issue. I have sent back both the Microphone and the headphones and received new ones and the issue is still present. I have tried changing the audio format from 44100 Hz CD to 48000 Hz DVD and still the same issue.

I am unable to put my headphones into my regular Onboard audio jack due to the Yeti's mic playback feature which I cannot live without.

A fix would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

i would try eliminating some variables to try and track down the cause.

-with the headphones plugged into the pc does it still happen?
-with other headphones plugged into the yeti does it still happen?
-with the yeti and headphones in the same setup hooked to a different pc does it still happen?

OnlyKeanu

Commendable
May 5, 2016
From what I have seen it still happens when using different headphones and also when using the PC ports.

I do not have another PC to test it unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.