Lenovo Ideapad y510p Windows 8 problems or something else?

danabeaton

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
I got a new Ideapad a few days ago and it's already giving me problems.

It has 16GB ram and 24 SSD.

Yesterday there were problems with connecting to the wifi, a problem I've had with a tablet on Windows 8 before.

Today I was playing South Park on Steam, when after 2 hours of gameplay, the game seemed to freeze or lag suddenly. Then there were a number of problems like it taking forever to shut down, restart, programs started freezing completely or only revealing a white page.

We have tried everything we could find online... from restarting, taking the battery out, to testing the CPU speed and checking if it is too hot. We're not getting anywhere.

Any advice, or do I need to get a replacement?

Solution

I have the exact same...

Magnusp

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014

I have the exact same computer and i am also experiencing freeze/lag problems. It didn't happen during gameplay, but on a restart after installing windows 8.1. Tried to recover the pc but still problems. Sometimes i am lucky after several restarts and the computer works but eventually one has to restart the computer and the problems persist. I think it has something to do with the ssd drive, so you could maybe see if you can find a solution related to ssd drive causing freezes, maybe you have more luck than me..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS