Solved! Lenovo legion y520 wont start after cleaning..

Jul 3, 2019
Hi,

I cleaned my laptop yesterday following every steps carefully without any missteps except for a flat cable that I broke trying to replug it to the mother bord while remounting the laptot.

Ive seen on the net that this flat cable was linked to the keyboard. It was one of the last ones remaining after removing every component. I didnt go further after that because there were a thin silver sheet covering the bottom of the keyboard, and only this flat cable and another one were remaining connected to something.

The thing is, as I thought it was only linked to the keyboard, I thought I could start my laptot anyway. It didnt work.

So are my questions :

Do you think the power button is linked to the keyboard, and so when I push it it doesn't start?

Or maybe is it because this brand doesn't allow the laptot to be started unless all components are connected?

I don't really remember if this model is supposed to have beeping light while charging, but when I connect the power charger, it only have a light that beeps one time and doesn't do anything afterwards.

I think the best idea is to buy a new keyboard anyway, but I'd like to have another view on this problem, before I mess things up more...

Hope some people know this machine, all help is welcome!

If you need pictures to illustrate the problem, just ask!

Thanks a lot

Solution
Hi,

I cleaned my laptop yesterday following every steps carefully without any missteps except for a flat cable that I broke trying to replug it to the mother bord while remounting the laptot.

Ive seen on the net that this flat cable was linked to the keyboard. It was one of the last ones remaining after removing every component. I didnt go further after that because there were a thin silver sheet covering the bottom of the keyboard, and only this flat cable and another one were remaining connected to something.

The thing is, as I thought it was only linked to the keyboard, I thought I could start my laptot anyway. It didnt work.

So are my questions :

Do you think the power button is linked to the keyboard, and so when I push it...
Hi,

So are my questions :

Do you think the power button is linked to the keyboard, and so when I push it it doesn't start?

Or maybe is it because this brand doesn't allow the laptot to be started unless all components are connected?

I don't really remember if this model is supposed to have beeping light while charging, but when I connect the power charger, it only have a light that beeps one time and doesn't do anything afterwards.

I think the best idea is to buy a new keyboard anyway, but I'd like to have another view on this problem, before I mess things up more...

Hope some people know this machine, all help is welcome!

If you need pictures to illustrate the problem, just ask!

Thanks a lot

I don't see any info about what this brand is, and need pictures of what happened. A lot of times the power button is connected with a ribbon cable, and depending on what and how it was damaged the motherboard may need to be replaced. Say if you pulled the connector off the motherboard. It's pretty easy to tell if the power button is linked to the keyboard, when you take off the keyboard, the power button goes with it :) I know many of the Lenovo business models have the power button on the keyboard assembly. And I've connected that up wrong several times and they would not turn on for me after working on them.

Solution