Lenovo Y50 Best Screen replacement option

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrix

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Greetings fellow techs,

I have a lenovo Y50 70 and i use it mainly for photography PP and some gaming, and things were good until i started printing, the laptop is beautiful and top natch performance but the monitor is very dull and tricky, the colors aren't accurate and i doubt the gamut could even reach 70% sRGB, i have considered a standalone monitor but my HDMI 1.4 output won't allow 10-bit wide gamut so i thought i's save myself some money replace the LCD and call it a day,

So are there any good options that are compatible with my Y50, 30pin 1080p (pin on buttom left when facing screen front), i'd rather high quality IPS with good viewing angle that is good for editing and gaming 60hz or higher if possible, and is it possible to install a 4k monitor instead by converting the 30 pin to 40?

Much appreciated!

Solution

Iamsoda

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

As the OP of the thread linked by laptop nerd, I successfully completed the laptop screen replacement with an IPS 1080p. I have pictures saved of taking it apart and can walk you through it. I only purchased 2 items a screen for $75 from laptop screens .com and the non touch back panel from ebay for $27. The IPS is 60hz and I don't feel input lag. There is one con to replacing with IPS. The IPS panels are not as bright so if you game in a bright area, it will be annoying, but the deep blacks and the beautiful colors are far better then the painful clashing colors.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.