LG G4S vs Pokemon go?

PuperHacker

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I have recently started playing Pokemon go on my device (LG G4S aka LG G4 BEAT). I have figured that 1,5 gigs of ram is everything but abundant for this game. I can play it, but it lags like CRAZY! So, I left my device charging and I headed to bed. I woke up to the 100% battery charge notification sound. I opened the app, and to my astonishment, it did not freeze at all. I tried all animations, I caught many Pokemon, the app running smoothly. Next day, I tried playing again at 33%, and the lag returned. Charged in the night, the lag was gone! MY QUESTION IS: Could it be that my smartphone is cutting back on performance to reduce battery drain? Or is it simply something random?

Thanks for your time and patience!

Solution

Best bet is observe if the performance drop happens at some specific battery level. There should not be a reason for drop, if game runs smooth after charging it up. Sure seems to be cpu/gpu throttling to save the power.

I always go for custom roms...

PuperHacker

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot find what you call "Battery Saver Mode". I am running android marshmellow 6.0 and the only option in the preferences is to run power saver only at 15% or 5% meaning that it should affect the performance only at these power levels

Saurabh Harwande

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015

Best bet is observe if the performance drop happens at some specific battery level. There should not be a reason for drop, if game runs smooth after charging it up. Sure seems to be cpu/gpu throttling to save the power.

I always go for custom roms after an year or so for very same reasons. Gives me more control over the phone.

Solution