Lg, Onyko Help

Andrew_207

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
I have recently purchased a Lg 70 uh6350 and hooked it up to my Onyko 626. Everything is connected the same way as my older Samsung was. All devices att cable box,xbox,rasberry pi,etc all connected via HDMI in onyko. The HDMI out is going to the TV. The lg works fine for the cable box but does not show a picture for any other onyko input. I have switched which input on the lg km using but still no luck im out of ideas? Any suggestions??

Solution
Try a different input on the new TV.
Turn off any video processing or conversion the Onkyo receiver may have.
Try a different HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. HDMI can be tricky. A combination that works will be affected by changing any part of the signal path like a new TV.
Check with Onkyo about your receiver. They do have a recall to repair out of warranty receivers that have problems with the HDMI chips. Strangely the problem often shows up as an audio or shut down problem not a failure of video.
http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/product-recall-80305.html
Hello.

New TVs sometimes give issues with HDCP connections. Have you tried connecting your XBOX at the same input your cable box is on your Onkyo? If it has picture, then your Onkyo may be defective.

Try everything (the XBOX, PI) on the same input as the cable box and see if it works on your UH6350. If all work on only the same input as the cable box, but even your cable box doesn't work on another input (HDMI3 for example), then your Onkyo is defective.

I have dozens of Onkyo receivers with defective HDMI boards.

Try a different input on the new TV.
Turn off any video processing or conversion the Onkyo receiver may have.
Try a different HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. HDMI can be tricky. A combination that works will be affected by changing any part of the signal path like a new TV.
Check with Onkyo about your receiver. They do have a recall to repair out of warranty receivers that have problems with the HDMI chips. Strangely the problem often shows up as an audio or shut down problem not a failure of video.
http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/product-recall-80305.html

Solution