Logitech headset mic working well on my phone, but not on my laptop.

Ria Zero

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Please help me, I know how to configure stuffs on my laptop's recording devices. Normally, it should automatically detect the headset and mic but not on this device. Laptop still uses the built-in microphone instead of the headset's mic; and when mic is turned to 'mute', the voice/sounds being recorded become annoyingly terrible. Headset's jack is only one, and has three lines on it. It supposedly should work well on laptop but why am I experiencing this? Please help. Thank you very much.

Solution
Well, it could actually be the jack you are plugging into. Are you sure it is an input/output jack and not just an output one? If it is output only (aka headphones only) then it won't work with your headset/mic combo.

If that is the case, you would need to do one of the following...

1. Continue to use it with the built in mic.

2. Get an adapter so you can use that headset/mic combo via the USB port. Here is an example of the kind of adapter I mean... https://www.amazon.com/LZYCO-External-connector-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B018YV3ALM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486193340&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+to+usb+adapter

3. Get a headset/mic that comes with a USB connector rather than a 3.5mm jack.
Well, it could actually be the jack you are plugging into. Are you sure it is an input/output jack and not just an output one? If it is output only (aka headphones only) then it won't work with your headset/mic combo.

If that is the case, you would need to do one of the following...

1. Continue to use it with the built in mic.

2. Get an adapter so you can use that headset/mic combo via the USB port. Here is an example of the kind of adapter I mean... https://www.amazon.com/LZYCO-External-connector-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B018YV3ALM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486193340&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+to+usb+adapter

3. Get a headset/mic that comes with a USB connector rather than a 3.5mm jack.

Solution