logitech z906 decode light ON and speaker turn on 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

porshe_900

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
hi guys , i will try my best in english but i wanna know something about my logitech z906. i plug it on my tv everything was alright when i listen tv but when i go on youtube ou internet the decode light turn ON and the speaker turn on 2.1 and i cant turn it on the full surround why ??

Solution
Quite frankly,you will never get surround from tv as long as it use DTS or Dolby.Z906 doesnt support effects while is decoding.Only way to solve it switching to analog connection.I had similar issue with pc,if using dolby my certified sound card has to emulate 5.1 in order to have 5.1 sound,but your tv cant do that...and you cant use 3d emulation or anything else while using apps.When you see decode light on you are screwed.Use 3.5mm stereo cable and you will have 5.1 sound always (sort of) :D

Colif

Distinguished
well, the manual is no help: https://www.logitech.com/assets/36226/z906620-002920006ug403.pdf

I have speakers, I didn't even know there was a decode light until I looked at the control panel

So you can't move the effects light to nothing instead of 2.1? (its a really dumb design to not mark 5.1 or higher and just leave it blank)

No Effect – Plays audio format of your computer’s sound card without applying any effects. Available for 6 channel input only and is represented by having no Effect LEDs illuminated
that one move often makes people think they don't have surround. There is no "No effect" light, you just have no lights on effects at all to get 5.1 through analog

Are you connecting through Digital or analog cables?

porshe_900

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
yes im plugged with a optical cable but when i try to change it for 4.1 or 3D hes just not moving , but when i put it on the cable for watching tv i can change it to 3D and everything work , but at the moment i open the internet or netflix or youtube it turn on the decode , but he start making this error a week ago , i was with my controler and i try to drop the bass a little bit and i touch another button ( the input ) so i go back to input 4 and it turn on the decode and now i cant even change it to 3D

Colif

Distinguished
Are you watching YouTube on your TV as well, or is that on a PC?

if on PC, have you changed anything recently or updated any software? What motherboard do you have? are speakers attached to a soundcard or motherboard?

So just pressing input turned on decode light, that does seem strange, if it wasn't there before...

Input select: Use this to select your audio source (6-channel direct, stereo, optical, coax, and Aux).
All the button does is chooses the source, so its the signal you are receiving that is causing the decode to come on.

The Z906 uses DTS Digital Sound/Dolby Digital decoding to process data into 5.1 surround sound. If the Z906 receives neither DTS Digital Sound nor Dolby Digital decoding data, the Z906 will not be able to decode the signal. You can resolve this issue by making sure the Z906 receives only a DTS Digital Sound or Dolby Digital signal from the host device (for example, DVD/Blu-ray player, game console, or home computer).

I don't use digital on my PC, have it connected by analog, so explains why i don't see decode light.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/htpc-systems-software/68143-help-getting-surround-sound-all-audio-via-logitech-z906.html

you could try a factory reset of speakers: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/23019?product=a0qi00000069uqEAAQ but i think the problem is at other end of the cable

porshe_900

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
i try to reset the speaker but no result , my speaker are on my tv , the decode light still ON when im on internet or youtube and cant change it ... but when im on the tv cable the decode light turn off and the full surround working , but i dont even care about the tv ahaha , i want the full surround on youtube and internet for watching movie

Colif

Distinguished
Not sure if this will help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00050215/

i like how they spell speakers (Selecting Spearkers) - and this is Samsung?

I will move thread into Home Theatre as to be honest, I am not an expert on new TV.

Model number of Samsung 4k should help, I looked up Qled samsung 4k 49po and seemed to have a few choices. Samsung QE49Q7F maybe?

Colif

Distinguished
https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/qled-tvs/49--class-q6f-qled-4k-tv-qn49q6famfxza/

your manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201801/20180123102314699/ENG_US_KTMATSCL-3.0.8.pdf

Connection notes for audio devices
● For better audio quality, it is a good idea to use an AV receiver.
● Connecting a device using an optical cable does not automatically change the audio output to the device's
speakers. To change the audio output to the device, do one of the following:
– Use the Quick Settings screen to change to the connected device:
Use the Select button to select Audio Out/Optical on the Sound Output menu. ( Settings up
directional button Sound Output).
– Use the Settings screen to change to the connected device:
Select Audio Out/Optical on the Sound Output menu. ( Settings Sound Sound Output).
● An unusual noise coming from a connected audio device while you are using it may indicate a problem with
the audio device itself. If this occurs, ask for assistance from the audio device's manufacturer.
● Digital audio is only available with 5.1-channel broadcasts.
from page 23 of manual

page 69 shows how to set up speakers but I assume you know that.

not really answering, just adding content :)

p.holeci

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
Quite frankly,you will never get surround from tv as long as it use DTS or Dolby.Z906 doesnt support effects while is decoding.Only way to solve it switching to analog connection.I had similar issue with pc,if using dolby my certified sound card has to emulate 5.1 in order to have 5.1 sound,but your tv cant do that...and you cant use 3d emulation or anything else while using apps.When you see decode light on you are screwed.Use 3.5mm stereo cable and you will have 5.1 sound always (sort of) :D

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.