Looking for a 1080p60 action camera for amateur free diving

Vulmaro

Estimable
May 12, 2014
There's no screen in my home more than capable of 1080p@60hz and I'll never upgrade so I don't want to overkill with my camera choice.

Just looking for a simple one that I'll be capturing around no deeper than 8 meters daytime salt water. Also, I won't use premium features like WiFi, GPS, social media/sharing, editing, voice commands etc. and so on. One with a good lens which captures as much light as it could with a good battery life would be amazing.

I'm from a poor country but my old neighbour is flying to Los Angeles CA and she's a US citizen and has a house there. Neither she nor I have any ideas about the stores/online shopping regarding my inquiry. It would be great if you have any suggestions considering that.

Thank you.

Solution
I suggest you start by looking at a GoPro hero and a underwater case. The GoPro is waterproof to a degree, so taking it out in a boat won't hurt things (should be splash proof). There is a gopro diving housing. Like the GoPro camera the housing is simple and inexpensive. Because salt water is so mean to electronics, I think it is important that you get a housing.

If you are unsure where to buy, consider amazon.com as a safe easy place to start. Prices are always close to the best and selection and shipping are very good.

The cameras run from around $100 to 400. The diving cases from $20 to 80.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=go+pro+hero&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Ago+pro+hero

bjornl

Estimable
I suggest you start by looking at a GoPro hero and a underwater case. The GoPro is waterproof to a degree, so taking it out in a boat won't hurt things (should be splash proof). There is a gopro diving housing. Like the GoPro camera the housing is simple and inexpensive. Because salt water is so mean to electronics, I think it is important that you get a housing.

If you are unsure where to buy, consider amazon.com as a safe easy place to start. Prices are always close to the best and selection and shipping are very good.

The cameras run from around $100 to 400. The diving cases from $20 to 80.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=go+pro+hero&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Ago+pro+hero

Solution