Looking For The Ultimate Universal Remote

TomTom111

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hello!

I put this thread in Home Theater, so hopefully it's the right place for it.

Most of us know how frustrating remotes for the home theater can be.
I have a remote for the TV, the cable box, the receiver and the Playstation for media playback.

I tried a universal remote supplied by my cable provider, but not everything works.
Most every remote i try, either can change the volume, or power off the TV,. But then they can't change the input on the receiver, or adjust the volume of the TV.

I'm looking for an end all, be all remote for my home theater set up.
Does anyone have any solutions that worked for them?

--Thanks as always!

Solution
The Logitech Harmony series are very good. They can learn from other remotes (in addition to the huge number of devices they know about) so should be able to control most anything. And the "Activity" paradigm, where one button press (or screen touch) sends a series of commands to different devices works well. So one touch on the screen powers on my TV, soundbar, and PVR, switches the TV to the PVR input, switches the PVR to the menu of recorded programs and I'm ready to select a recorded program to watch. And the "off" button will then power all of them off.

Ijack

Distinguished
The Logitech Harmony series are very good. They can learn from other remotes (in addition to the huge number of devices they know about) so should be able to control most anything. And the "Activity" paradigm, where one button press (or screen touch) sends a series of commands to different devices works well. So one touch on the screen powers on my TV, soundbar, and PVR, switches the TV to the PVR input, switches the PVR to the menu of recorded programs and I'm ready to select a recorded program to watch. And the "off" button will then power all of them off.

Solution

TomTom111

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

I had no idea Logitech made universal remotes, too!
Is there any peripheral they don't make?!

I will look into their Harmony line, as you suggest.
Is there any one model you prefer?