M2 Promises Versatile and Durable Monitor Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Couple it with a 24inch touchscreen that accepts highly detailed pressure sensitive stylus input and id buy one.

G

VESA mounts are great. I use a pair of them. So much better adjustability, especially when your monitors come with the cheap pedestal stands that only allow tilt, not height or rotation.

However, the price is excessive. Recycling? Sorry, if I am dropping $295 on something like a monitor arm, I want to be able to use it on every monitor I own in the forseeable future. I don't care if I can recycle it.

I have a pair of VESA arms. Are they as adjustable as this one? Yup. Probably not nearly as easy (this looks like a smoothly moving assembly, whereas mine are tight and need to be pulled pretty good. However, I paid $45 for both. They don't look as nice, but they give me the same range of height, tilt, and rotation (in two axes) as far more expensive VESA arms.

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Humanscale products are meticulously designed and use mostly metal parts wherever possible and are built to last a lifetime. I own one of there Liberty chairs and after 5 yrs it still functions like new.

If you are used to buying cheap Chinese-made, phthalate-rich plastic constructed, priced to be used a year or so and then dumped into a landfill, apt to be sprinkled with lead paint, and made in factories that don't have to meet strict EPA rules, then you will definitely find this made in USA product to be overpriced.

dertechie

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]blackbeastofaaaaagh[/nom]Humanscale products are meticulously designed and use mostly metal parts wherever possible and are built to last a lifetime. I own one of there Liberty chairs and after 5 yrs it still functions like new.If you are used to buying cheap Chinese-made, phthalate-rich plastic constructed, priced to be used a year or so and then dumped into a landfill, apt to be sprinkled with lead paint, and made in factories that don't have to meet strict EPA rules, then you will definitely find this made in USA product to be overpriced.[/citation]

It's overpriced for the monitors 90% of people use, which cost

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It's overpriced for the monitors 90% of people use, which cost

If you want to have an easily positioned monitor, then its not really overpriced. Monitors quickly become obsolete but hardware is reusable. After throwing cheap plastic monitor in the landfill a few times then you have ended up spending more money than buying a product built to last.

Further, most Chinese made monitor arms are so flimsy and clunky to use that people, after one or two repositions, simply lock the monitor in place, defeating the whole purpose of ergonomics and minimising back pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.