Solved! Make "emergency calls only" message go away

Dec 26, 2018
I have a tablet and I don't intend to use it for calls and texting. The text at the top saying "emergency calls only" is annoying and distracting, is there no way to hide it without having to install a SIM card?

That is rather odd. Without any kind of SIM in (working or not) that message shouldn't show as you can't make calls without a SIM inserted. You can try inserting a non-working SIM (no service) into the device and see if that stops it.

However, to be honest, it seems more like a software flaw. I would contact the manufacturer about it.

That is rather odd. Without any kind of SIM in (working or not) that message shouldn't show as you can't make calls without a SIM inserted. You can try inserting a non-working SIM (no service) into the device and see if that stops it.

However, to be honest, it seems more like a software flaw. I would contact the manufacturer about it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Elcaptino Android Tablets 0
TaroBeni Android Tablets 4
R Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
W Android Tablets 3
A Android Tablets 1
D Android Tablets 2
S Android Tablets 2
A Android Tablets 1
S Android Tablets 1
N Android Tablets 1
H Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 2
J Android Tablets 3
D Android Tablets 2
G Android Tablets 1
W Android Tablets 1
N Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
jpishgar Android Tablets 0
Similar threads
Question My Samsung Galaxy Tab E- unable to access settings menue & ultra power safe mode as well as run all apps except contacts, call log & sms
Question I need help, My tablet (rca voyager rct 6973w43), just show me the logo an after a message red letter that says Bootloader error code 1 when turn on
Solved! RCA Galileo Pro 11 is constantly repeating "Unfortunately" messages, for multiple Apps, that stopped Servicing ..please help.
Solved! Can I receive a message on my tmobile data plan for my tablet
Solved! Private video chat apps for free
Getting message "Google Play Store has stopped"
Solved! On my Viking Pro tablet keep getting message "process system isn't responding"
My hotspot on my boost mobile phone is not working despite me calling boost and doing what they told me to do
I already installed the app but Can not call or receive any call, I just use only txt message
Unable to calling or massaging
My samsung galaxy tab 3 lite sm-t111 can't make a phone call
No receipt for Nextbook aries 10.1,no help without receipt/proof of purchase!!!,did call in "activation", they say no purchase
Is their any way around the activation code I bought it and never got the activation cod with it
how do l unlock my screen on my tablet do that l can make calls
Removing voicemail notification without calling voicemail
Lenovo A8-50 is a 3G calling TAB. Can I use a 4G micro sim card in this model?
Transfer Call of Duty Heroes Account from IPAD to Android
in my samsung tab3 7.0 dailer is not working what should i do and not able to any call phone got hang and restart
Tablet with calling facility
How to Use Bluetooth Hands-Free to Make Calls on a Samsung Tablet

ASK THE COMMUNITY