Mal-Ware is conflicting with Kaspersky

Nanner917

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
Mal-Ware conflicting with my Kaspersky Internet Security - Can I get a refund from Mal-Ware Bytes after using for just 2 months?
I was told my my cable provider I needed both so got both. Now it takes forever to get started working on my PC. I set Kaspersky to not run when PC is first turned on. But it still takes 5 minutes before I can open any application. Sometimes I don't have time for that.

Solution
That is why your suppose to use the trial version first. 2 months is probably too long to convince them to refund you the money. Malwarebytes normally runs fine with Kaspersky.

Get CCleaner and go to tools - startup - and disable programs you think you don't need starting up when you bootup your computer to speed up the starting up part. Kaspersky does takes awhile to startup when it hasn't started up on its own yet since you tick the delay it at startup option.

I don't see anyone else replied to your thread.

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
That is why your suppose to use the trial version first. 2 months is probably too long to convince them to refund you the money. Malwarebytes normally runs fine with Kaspersky.

Get CCleaner and go to tools - startup - and disable programs you think you don't need starting up when you bootup your computer to speed up the starting up part. Kaspersky does takes awhile to startup when it hasn't started up on its own yet since you tick the delay it at startup option.

I don't see anyone else replied to your thread.

Solution
i personally run both kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes free. they do not cause any conflicts with my usage pattern of 1 active, 1 run on demand.

i would suggest using kaspersky as active all the time and only doing a scan with malwarebytes (the free version is fine for this) once in awhile. i would set malwarebytes to not automatically run and for all scans to be manually done. use it when you want it and otherwise its not running.

generally i've found kaspersky works great for trojans and virus and that malwarebytes picks up more low level adware/scamware/malware/browser hijackers that kaspersky lets by since its not high threat.

you could talk with malwarebytes customer support about a refund, though 2 month they could easily just say no and be in the right. if thats not an option, just set one to run on demand and see if that works for you.

it sounds like you just have a slow computer (or laptop). just disabling kaspersky at startup isnt enough to fix that as there are other startup tasks as well. instead of shutting down completely you could consider sleep mode instead which will wake up much quicker than a normal startup since the system is on standby in a low-power mode.