Memory Card Error Canon A3400

asaris

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
A week ago, I bought a Canon Powershot A3400 from Amazon, along with a Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC memory card. I put the card in the camera, and thought I was ready to go. I'm now a few days into my vacation, and the camera has been sending me the message 'memory card error' with increasing frequency, until now it will almost never take a picture.

I tried to hook it up to my computer to download the pictures before doing anything radical, but my computer doesn't think there's anything on the card. While the camera is hooked up to the computer, it says memory card locked.

I checked the lock button on the card, and that's in the correct position. I looked into formatting the card, but the camera won't let me (the option is grayed out). I'm not sure what my next step should be, other than returning. Anything else I can try? Do you think it's the memory card or the camera?

Thanks for your help.

asaris

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I tried removing the battery from the camera overnight. Now, I can take pictures and see the pictures I've taken, but when I connect the camera to the computer, I'm still getting 'memory card error'