Mic is not picking up voice, but playing PC sounds

kenan.vad

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
So, my friend has an issue, where his mic doesn't pick up what he is saying, but when we are on teamspeak, discord, skype or whatever, everytime I talk, I can hear my self through his mic. I can also hear all his sounds on his PC. He is using a headset with jack sticks, but he says he has 5 inputs on his PC, and they aren't marked with colors.

Solution
The mic is not designed to produce sound, so it may have been damaged after being plugged into the output instead of an input. Test the mic on another computer's mic input to see if it is still good. BTW, what is the name of the PC or motherboard, or is it a sound card? There has to be documentation somewhere for those unlabeled jacks. How about a pic?

mortemas

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Ha! Sounds like he’s got the mic hooked up to an audio output. Check the manual for the computer to find the correct jack (mic input). FYI - it works the other way, too. You can also use headphones as a microphone.

kenan.vad

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

He tried putting the jacksticks in all of the input individually, and switching them around. Nothing worked, although at one time, I could hear him VERY faint, like he put 1.000 socks over his mic

mortemas

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
The mic is not designed to produce sound, so it may have been damaged after being plugged into the output instead of an input. Test the mic on another computer's mic input to see if it is still good. BTW, what is the name of the PC or motherboard, or is it a sound card? There has to be documentation somewhere for those unlabeled jacks. How about a pic?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS