I have an astro headset, not sure what kind specifically but it's the one that has a cord that's detachable from both ends. The computer I'm trying to use it on is an Acer Nitro 5. The mic works on my switch, but not on my laptop anymore, how can I fix that?
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...
1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".
Also, on the main "Recording" tab window, right click on the white background and make sure that both disabled and disconnected are checked. It is possible the device was listed incorrectly through that.