Xavier Bergonia

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
So I've had a pair of great HyperX Cloud Alphas for about a year now, I've never had much trouble with it. But recently, I've been playing with my friends and they told me that I cut out a lot and my microphone sounds quiet. So I went to my properties and turned the volume on my microphone all the way up, still didn't fix the problem.

I then decided to record my voice. My mic volume was ok, but still slightly muffled, however, I can hear it clearly. When I decided to try a sustained sound, to mimic the effect of me taking longer than a few seconds, I hear my voice the same as when I said, "test", but after 4-5 seconds, my sustained sound went from being picked up and then suddenly went to a very muffled thin sounding voice as if I was standing a distance away from my mic, my voice volume never changed and I also heard in it a sort of electric noise with my voice. Mind you, I was basically eating my mic at that point. I have no idea how else to fix this, someone help.

Things I have done so far:

• I have turned my input volume on my microphone device all the way up
    I have tried reinstalling my microphone's software in the device manager and rebooting

Xavier Bergonia

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Xavier Bergonia : "Microphone Cuts Out & Sounds Quiet"

So I've had a pair of great HyperX Cloud Alphas for about a year now, I've never had much trouble with it. But recently, I've been playing with my friends and they told me that I cut out a lot and my microphone sounds quiet. So I went to my properties and turned the volume on my microphone all the way up, still didn't fix the problem.

I then decided to record my voice. My mic volume was ok, but still slightly muffled, however, I can hear it clearly. When I decided to try a sustained sound, to mimic the effect of me taking longer than a few seconds, I hear my voice the same as when I said, "test", but after 4-5 seconds, my sustained sound went from being picked up and then suddenly went to a very muffled thin sounding voice as if I was standing a distance away from my mic, my voice volume never changed and I also heard in it a sort of electric noise with my voice. Mind you, I was basically eating my mic at that point. I have no idea how else to fix this, someone help.

Things I have done so far:

• I have turned my input volume on my microphone device all the way up
    I have tried reinstalling my microphone's software in the device manager and rebooting