Microsoft office 2010 activation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarrow

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
I have purchased a sealed copy of Microsoft Office 2010 and installed it on 1 pc running Windows XP (up to date with SP3). After installing, I attempted to activate it using the online procedure. It failed, and responded that it could not be activated because the product key was not valid! The same thing happened when I tried telephone activation. So I returned the product and got another copy - still in the shrink wrap, seal intact. The same thing happened.

Is the some reason that Office 2010 won't install on a Windows XP with SP3?

Office Standard 2010
Component Requirement
Computer and processor 500 MHz or faster processor
Memory 256 MB RAM; 512 MB recommended for graphics features and certain advanced functionality.1
Hard disk 3.0 GB available disk space
Display 1024x576 or higher resolution monitor

Operating system
Windows XP (must have SP3) (32-bit), Windows 7, Windows Vista with Service Pack (SP) 1, Windows Server 2003 with SP2 and MSXML 6.0 (32-bit Office only), Windows Server 2008, or later 32- or 64-bit OS.
Graphics Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 9.0c graphics card with 64 MB or more video memory.
Additional Requirements Internet Explorer (IE) 6 or later, 32 bit browser only. IE7 or later required to receive broadcast presentations. Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
Multi-Touch features require Windows 7 and a touch enabled device.
Certain inking features require Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or later.
Speech recognition functionality requires a close-talk microphone and audio output device.
Internet Fax not available on Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, or Windows Vista Home Premium
Information Rights Management features require access to a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 or later running Windows Rights Management Services.
Certain online functionality requires a Windows LiveTM ID.
Other Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity; www.office.com/products.

Should work if you meet the requirements !

Call Microsoft and ask why the key is coming up invalid!

Status
Not open for further replies.