wigglestheworm

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Sorry for the length. Backstory is I have an ASUS MX279H monitor -- my computer is in HDMI2. Separately I have an external projector, a BenQ MS521, that mirrors the computer via an HDMI cable directly connecting them.

I have the Fire Stick in HDMI1 on the monitor, which works great on the monitor and I can plug speakers into the monitor no problem... but how could I mirror the display from the Fire Stick to the projector?

The only space left on the monitor is VGA. I can connect the monitor directly to the projector -- which has four spaces for the VGA in "RS232," "Monitor OUT, "Computer IN 1," and "Computer IN 2" -- via a VGA cable, but is there a way to have the monitor feed OUT the mirror signal from the Fire Stick in HDM1 through the monitor's single VGA? I would also need to change the BenQ's default input from HDMI (again it normally mirrors the computer) to whatever VGA space on it, but that seem secondary

Solution
The monitor only has inputs not outputs, so no. Why can't you just connect the Fire Stick directly to the projector? It won't care that it's a projector as long as the projector can display the resolution the Fire Stick puts out.

Hewey_Dewey

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
You need an HDMI 'duplicator'. That is, the input is fed your HDMI source and its outputs are all identical copies of the HDMI source signal. I presume you want to send the Fire Stick's HDMI source signal to both the HDMI monitor and the HDMI projector at the same time.