Solved! Mitsubishi tv maintenance

wlowe

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
The last projection tv I had required the guns & mirror be cleaned as needed. Does my current Mitsubishi WS-65615 model require these guns and or mirrors to be cleaned. I have had this tv for about 8 yrs.

Solution
Leave your mirrors be! The lenses could probably benefit from being cleaned off with a lightly damp rag or maybe a little Windex. Gets you a better black and better contrast.

After 8 years, I would spruce up the convergence a bit as well. You'll need the stock remote for this. Just follow the directions on screen.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Leave your mirrors be! The lenses could probably benefit from being cleaned off with a lightly damp rag or maybe a little Windex. Gets you a better black and better contrast.

After 8 years, I would spruce up the convergence a bit as well. You'll need the stock remote for this. Just follow the directions on screen.

Solution

wlowe

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Thanks for the input. Removing the lower front panel on my old tv exposed the color guns for cleaning, do you know if the WS-65615 color guns can be cleaned by removing the lower front panel?

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
No, doing so exposes the fragile crt necks and focus block - both of which have large amounts of voltage running through them. Just pull the back off, slide out the glare slat if you have to, and do your thing.

TRENDING THREADS