Monitor is detected but it goes to sleep mode anyway.

Ondrej_3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Basically i came home and plug my monitor to my Acer notebook and started a Wow. My monitor was working fine when playing about 5 minutes. Then it turned black and showed me text: Monitor is going to sleep. But monitor is detected. I can change resolution. I even see it on device manager like separate device. It´s not cable problem and monitor works fine. I reinstalled a Windows but no difference. I also reinstalled a GPU drivers.
Specs: Intel Core I5 5200U, nVidia 940m 2gb, 4gb ram, 1tb hard disc.

Solution
Does the attached display not work?

Also have you tried the external monitor hooked up to another computer?

For "Sleep Mode" issues, see if this helps...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Now you want to look at the settings in there and check for things turning off the monitor, or the video card. It can be them directly, or it can be something that is set to turn either off if there is say overheating.

Does the attached display not work?

Also have you tried the external monitor hooked up to another computer?

For "Sleep Mode" issues, see if this helps...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and click the "Power Options".
2. Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings".
3. Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".
4. Now you want to look at the settings in there and check for things turning off the monitor, or the video card. It can be them directly, or it can be something that is set to turn either off if there is say overheating.

Solution

Ondrej_3

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Attached display works. And I tried just different port on same PC. And it works. I think it's the VGA port issue. But I'll try go to control setting and set that up.