Moto G4 giving low space when still has loads of space left!

Sep 14, 2018
I've had my Moto G4 for years now without issue. I've always had a 120 Gbt micro SD set up as internal storage to combat the small around 10 gbt stock memory and it's worked great until now. I've googled everything and tried everything and nothing will work ........ So randomly a few days ago I tried updating my apps and the store kept looping the download and not install then I'd get an error saying it couldn't install. I tried clear the cash on everything then I took out the SD card and I could install again so I thought great the micro SD must be broken but when I put it back in all the data was there and showing up so i tried moving an app from the internal to the SD and it failed saying low memory but I could move apps from it to the internal meaning its not broken. I can't even take a screenshot anymore because this low memory error with or without the SD in. And when I open photos I get a "not an error (Code: 0)" with something about Read/Write

Things I've tried: Turning off and on (with and without SD card in)

Clearing partition cash in Recovery Mode

Clearing cash for everything

Deleting apps to make space

Ejecting and re-mounting the micro SD

Please anyone who knows what this could be please help.

Sep 14, 2018

It still has like 106 gbs left

I am a tad confused. I have yet to ever hear of a 120GB SD card. 128 yes, but not 120. I am curious then what brand this is? As that may well be part of the problem.

Also your saying it has 10GB storage on the phone originally, but that phone comes with 16GB. Something is a little off.

Sep 14, 2018

Yes it's a 128 micro SD and has 16 gb stock I was going off what the storage area said. The SD is a SanDisk and update to this problem is it seems like everything is fine except the phone is no longer giving the SD card write privileges only read even tho the card is set up as extended internal storage.

I see. And the card has not, I am assuming, been removed from the device at all prior to this occurring. Have you tried another card in it to see if it has the same issue? I ask because if it is a problem with the card, then other cards would work fine, however if it is the slot, then no card would work. Sadly both can happen, even if you haven't messed with the card/removed it.

Sep 14, 2018

I do not have another card to test. The card seems fine the games, photos, and music on it all work fine but anything to do with putting data on it is now not working. Everytime I try moving something to it it says low space even tho it's not and then if I try to use some apps that would need to create a new file it tell be error permission set to read not write.

Sep 14, 2018

It is set up as internal storage so yes it had apps on it for a long time and they default to it I never had to move anything to it manually ever.