Motorola Reveals Droid Bionic, Xoom for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So where is the tablet/phone? My employer is waiting on a larger version, perhaps 7 in., of the Droid Bionic or Xoom. We need a device large enough for fat fingers but small enough to attach to the body. It needs phone capability - blue tooth ear piece would be killer. This would be the ultimate device, but am I and my employer the only ones that see the need? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

arges86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
how can they call the screen HD when its resolution is 960 X 540? Its not even 720p

they call it a 'qHD'. Usually QHD stands for quad high definition w/ resolution of 2560x1440.

G

Maybe they call it 'qHD' meaning its "quasi" Hi Def, that could be why they used a lowercase q. Having that number of pixels on such a small screen may give it the appearance of being equal in visual quality (pixelwise) to that of a much larger screen with actual 1080p output.

G

The XOOM looks like the tablet to get. It is a game changer for sure. The 1080p display and the 1080p output are to huge selling points for me. I currently use my G2 with my DISH Network DISH Remote Access (DRA) app and my Sling Adapter to watch live streaming content and have access to my DVR anywhere I have 3g or wifi connection. It is great way to kill time if you have to wait in line like at the Airport. It would look amazing on a display that is 1080p. If you are thinking about getting the Xoom, I would also look at DISH.com and search TV Everywhere. As a DISH employee I can also tell you that DRA is a free app!

Status
Not open for further replies.