Motorola's DROID Does Plenty the iPhone Can't

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanspace

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I don't own an Android phone or an IPhone. But it's great to see Apple getting knocked down a few notches. Droid vs IPhone is the next MAC vs PC battle.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I like the first part of the commercial then all of the sudden I felt like I was watching a District 9 commercial. Should have finished the commercial the same way it started parodying Apple and their iPod/iPhone commercials. It was funny... and then it was odd.

I don't know why someone has totally ripped off the iPod/iPhone commercials. They are so unimaginative and easy to replicate... just play music, show product, write things on screen, end commercial.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]I really liked this commercial, too_Of course, it only matters if the phone actually delivers.[/citation]

Let's pray it does! I only say this, not that it really will, because the blind really need to see what they are not getting with there iPhoney's.

thedipper

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
iDo explode in your pocket.

iDo drop calls.

iDo have large security holes.

iDo have features that still don't work.

iDo have a highly restricted app market.

Droid doesn't.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Great ad. I don't really keep up on phone tech so I wasn't aware of this ad or product, but I was glued to the tv during this commercial. So yeah.. marketing team did a good job.

tarheels_100

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
There's one thing that people never consider when comparing the iPhone to competitors: does it have a glass-covered capacitive touch screen? For me, there is a night and day difference between the cheap old pressure sensitive touch screens that a lot of phones are shipping with today and the capacitive touch screen on the iPhone. If you can't get the interface right, nothing else is going to matter.

Steven Bancroft

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2008
I'm interested in what the "10,000+ Apps" are. Are these ported iPhone apps? I remember hearing a story about Microsoft offering big bucks to iPhone developers to port their apps to Windows Mobile. Did Google do the same thing?

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I wouldn't even call all the iPhone "apps" apps. Most of them are stupid widgets that are called apps, or just plain dumb altogether. Well except for the baby shaking app that was a good one.

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
It would be good if apple finally got some competition in the smartphone market. Even though EVERY competitor looks like an iPhone wannabe :/
Really impressive, all the engineers of the world could not come up with a better idea than what Apple did a couple of years ago. I'm glad I have the original!

Status
Not open for further replies.