Movies without sound

GrindR

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
I have media player 8 cause I am running win XP and Divx 5.0 installed but I don't think that matters. You see I have some futurama episodes that play when using the Divx player but they have no sound. If I use media player they don't really work at all. Most of my futurama episodes work fine with sound and all so I'm thinking that the ones that have no sound and don't work in media player at all (error downloading codec) have probarly been recorded incorrectly which is a shame cause futurama is funny stuff. One of my simpsons episodes has the same problem (no sound).

Any thoughts? Like maybe some options to fiddle with?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Technology comes in 3 sizes - small, medium and RETRO!

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
Maybe the ones that don't have sound....well, don't have sound? Not all the ones on Kazaa/Morpheus/DC/wherever come with sound, you know.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

OldBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2001
I remember those. We hired someone to play a piano!

:lol:

:smile: <b><font color=green>I took an I.Q. test today...it came back negative.</font color=green></b> :smile:

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
i had a problem wiht sound on a couple of movies....try using the divx 3.11 codec...strange sounding but it worked for me on movies where i could get no sound.
It may be pretty tough to find these days though.

Agent_Bonky

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2002
your probably missing the ac3 codec
this makes it possible to watch divx with surround sound

gaming is the only way to total rel@xation