MrTonguesoff

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I have a MSI GE72 2QC APACHe, Its about 1 to 2 years old, I noticed that my left fan was starting to making loud noise when idle like a blender then it would sound like it was scratching against the case, while its going at 3118 rpm at idle. I tried cleaning the fan but nothing works, they also say because of [strike]bio[/strike] BIOS and need a newer version but i heard its risky in doing so, so I don't know if i should just update my bios or buy a new fan and if so should i get the same model or try a different bland.

Solution
Updating the BIOS won't fix the fan. It sounds like your fan is starting to go. It happens.

You may want to run some monitoring software to see what temps are being put out just to make sure there is nothing going on in that respect. However, the only way you are going to get it to get quieter is to either replace the thermal paste. If the fan is good and just the paste isn't. Or to replace the fan itself (along with the thermal paste of course).
Updating the BIOS won't fix the fan. It sounds like your fan is starting to go. It happens.

You may want to run some monitoring software to see what temps are being put out just to make sure there is nothing going on in that respect. However, the only way you are going to get it to get quieter is to either replace the thermal paste. If the fan is good and just the paste isn't. Or to replace the fan itself (along with the thermal paste of course).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS