Msi Ge60 not booting up

agustin9998

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
I habe an msi ge60 and today i start it up normally and 1 minute later an orange screen appeared and the laptop crashed. I restart it and when it "turns on" the fans start spinning at 100% and it wont show anything but a black screen. The temperature was under 45. Can you help me?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Next is to try to boot it up with the only the AC adapter connected, remove the battery and power it on then see if it will boot up normally.
- Lastly, do try connecting an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do chances are the built in display is already faulty. If you can open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard do check if it's seated properly.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means it's the motherboard that is faulty.
- If the laptop is still under the factory warranty, do contact MSI for a repair.