MSI Notebook kept crashing- Crashed During a reset - Missing Drive Partition?

Ben Lumsden

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
So basically, my MSI gaming notebook (GT70 2QD Dominator) became prone to frequent, and random crashes. The most common of which is called 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT'. However, others include: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and 0xc000021a

To fix this problem I have tried:
Updating all drivers etc.
Restoring to an earlier point

I was also told by MSI support to reset my PC to factory defaults, but in doing this my PC crashed so I can't access Windows (My computer reaches the MSI screen then restarts and repeats).
I can, however, access the Recovery Environment but from here it will not let me restore or reset or refresh because it is unable to (missing drive partition).
Using the command prompt in the RE, I have tried sfc /scannow but again, this did not help.

I am still under warranty but only for hardware, so is my problem hardware related or software related, and if it is software related, how can I fix it?

Thanks!

pcbugfixer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
If your MSI Notebook is still under warranty and you have no important files, no private and confidential files stored on the hard drive, then return it to MSI service centre to have them fix it.

Your post relates a combination or one of a faulty motherboard or HDD or OS installation or all of the aforementioned, i.e. you have a faulty notebook.

I recommend that you don't try any further repairs yourself !

Warranty means that the notebook includes the Operating System (Factory Default) and any trial Applications Software whichever the Notebook came with !

PC-Bug Fixer

Ben Lumsden

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Okay thanks so much! So just to check, my problem will fall under warranty because MSI say that they will repair notebooks if it is a hardware problem for free, otherwise it will cost. I am still under warranty but the problem is a mix of both isn't it? It is a bit of a messy situation but thanks for the help!