my computer keeps starting and setup restart help what do i do

lovinfirefly2

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
i went to do a factory restore and now all i get is set up and restore window opens says the computer restart encountered an error windows can not proceed to install windows click ok . I do that and it repeats help i need this to work. i am on my husbands computer because mine isnt working i cant work on his all my files are on my laptop.

Solution
Try making sure there is no possible way what so ever that the computer can even attempt to access the internet and then turn it off and back on. If necessary turn off your WiFi or take it somewhere there is no WiFi.

Sometimes, when updates are being made (even during an install or reinstall) and especially in 10, the computer will get stuck constantly try to access the internet to reinstall that update. Major flaw but not one they seem to be willing to do anything about. The only way around it is to cut off internet access to the device, restart the device and then, once it is running again, turn the internet access back on.
Try making sure there is no possible way what so ever that the computer can even attempt to access the internet and then turn it off and back on. If necessary turn off your WiFi or take it somewhere there is no WiFi.

Sometimes, when updates are being made (even during an install or reinstall) and especially in 10, the computer will get stuck constantly try to access the internet to reinstall that update. Major flaw but not one they seem to be willing to do anything about. The only way around it is to cut off internet access to the device, restart the device and then, once it is running again, turn the internet access back on.

Solution