My computer won's charge and start.

wentzhang

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
The problem started last night, my ASUS laptop battery is low, I plugged in power cord. then computer start to shut down, I notice the LED is orange. I thought since I plugged in power cord, I should able to restart, so I pressed power button, it will power up, then shut down again. I tried a few time and gave up. Today, with power cord in and battery pack in the bay, the LED is still off. I tried the 30sec reset procedure provided by tech and still I can not get my laptop started. anything else I can try?

Solution
Hi,

First try to power on the laptop without the battery in it and see if it will turn back on. If it does, put the battery back in while the laptop is on and see if will now charge without it shutting down. By the way do the hard reset again if it wont turn on but make sure to remove the battery and charger then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs.
Hi,

First try to power on the laptop without the battery in it and see if it will turn back on. If it does, put the battery back in while the laptop is on and see if will now charge without it shutting down. By the way do the hard reset again if it wont turn on but make sure to remove the battery and charger then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs.

Solution