my dell computer wont't connect to my polaroid tv monitor using hdmi

vabartlett

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
How do get my dell laptop to connect to my polaroid tv monitor using hdmi cable. I've been trying for days to get to work going through the control panel and adjusting the resolution and having the pc extend to the monitor but it won't work. It keep saying no signal. Should I be using a different cable or is something wrong with either device?

vabartlett

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015

Which drivers are you talking about? Are they with the normal updates on the computer or do I have to go into something in the computer to do it?

Mojo49

Commendable
May 2, 2016
Hi, Try a new cable. My wife purchased a Dell Inspiron a month ago and couldn't get it to display on our fairly new 4K smart TV. The laptop recognised the TV name and defaulted to duplicate screen as soon as it was connected but the TV remained blank. Dell spent hours with remote access etc but couldn't find a fix. The HDMI cable we were using works perfectly with my older HP probook and appears expensive with LED lights at each end and a heavy blue cable. I found a very plain little black HDMI cable lying around and on a hunch tried that and it worked!! Also works on the older laptop. No idea why - does anyone have an answer?