My HP notebook won't load some games

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
I bought an HP 350 G1 notebook computer, but games on Neopets won't load. Also it won't load any of their maps. Am I missing something?

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
They are website games. I finally figured out that I don't have Adobe flash installed, so I tried to install it and it goes as far as me giving it permission and a box opens up but nothing happens.

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
Yes, but unfortunately the website was down, or at least I was getting a message stating it was down, but I didn't try it on my other computer. I did try Ookla speed test again which is how I found out that I didn't have Adobe installed, and it still didn't work.

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
As long as I understand what you are saying, I will try it as soon as I get the chance. I'll either post my results or my lack of understanding if I can't figure out your suggestion. I'm not saying your suggestion is not understandable, just my ability to understand them.

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
That's what I was hoping that you meant, but in any event that's what I was going to try because unlike the Ookla speed test, the Neopets website didn't tell me I needed to install Adobe before I could play. Thanks.

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
I tried it first on Firefox and it didn't work, then I tried it on IE with the same result. The window pops up for Adobe flash player installer, but nothing happens. If you knew the BS I went through with the purchase of this computer, you wouldn't be surprised when I say I'm fed up with it.

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
TwistedFury and rgd1101, thanks for all of your suggestions, I had hopes that between the last two posts it would finally work, but no such luck. I'm giving up for the day, too depressing since where I bought it from is closing and they have no tech department any longer. I guess I'll start again on it tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help.

greywolf1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
It took me a while, but I discovered that I do have Adobe flash installed on my computer. but still when I try to open something that requires Adobe in order for it to run properly, I'm told I either need to install or update it. Therein lies the problem, I'm back to square one with trying to download it because the process stops at the Adobe flash player installer window. So do I risk deleting it from my computer and then reinstalling it from the Adobe website? I'm afraid with my luck that I'll remove it and won't be able to reinstall it.