My laptop just wont turn on. (
This is what happened a few days a go.
I was watching a movie in my laptop and suddenly it went blank. Then i realized that i can still see the movie but it was so dim. I tried pressing and holding the power button to shut it down but it was no use. So i left it to drain the battery.
Afterwhich i placed the power cord and i can see that my laptop is charging but when i try to press the power button, it wont turn on.
It seems like the built in display of the laptop died already but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the GPU.