My Lenovo S21e20 has the power light flashing but won't come on. My son shoved a French fry in the USB port. How can I fix it?

Lindsey_9

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Help!!!! My son put a French fry in the USB port on my sealed battery Lenovo laptop. The power light flashes but it won't come on. How do I fix?

Solution
Gotta love kids! My youngest once put part of a candy bar in a CD drive. Chocolate melts. Yeah that went well. :)

First you need to carefully remove the fry from the port. While that shouldn't effect it turning on or not, it is still bad to have it in there.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the...
Gotta love kids! My youngest once put part of a candy bar in a CD drive. Chocolate melts. Yeah that went well. :)

First you need to carefully remove the fry from the port. While that shouldn't effect it turning on or not, it is still bad to have it in there.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution