My mouse works but wont let me highlight or right click/select anything?

Starla Jean

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
Trying to figure out how to describe this.....

Well my keypad and mouse works, but about a month ago I started noticing that while I'm typing my cursor jumps to another place on the page, and suddenly I'm typing in the middle of where ever it puts me, I am sure not to accidentally push any other keys.(this has happened 4 times just trying to type this!) Now I cant highlight anything, it starts to highlight but then it stops/starts again. Meaning I am unable to copy/paste anything. This happens whether I am connected to the internet or not. I do a lot of writing and research on my computer, So I really need to be able to use this feature!!! Please Help!!

Hi,

It seems like the left click or the click part that you used most isn't working properly already.
- Do try an external USB mouse and see if you'll be able to do all the normal things you can do with your mouse.
- If it works normally that means it's a hardware problem and in your case it's the Touchpad.
- But do also try to uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver that may help.
- Once uninstalled reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't install, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- If uninstall/reinstall will not work that means you'll need to replace the Touchpad already.