My new tv has no game mode and games look crappy

Ironmattman

Estimable
Nov 27, 2014
I just got a new TV and when I bought it, best buy said it was 120hz and would be fine with the Xbox, but it turns out it dosent have a game mode and fast things leave "ghosts" of them selves. What should I do? Can I just change the settings or should I just return it? ( it's 1080p,smart,and LED)

Solution
Its pretty barebone on the settings front mate as you say.
Best I can suggest is put in standard mode,disable energy saving.disable any motion or movie setting options that are available.
Its a budget panel - ifcthe ghosting is still unacceptable I would return it if possible.
There are sets for the same money that while don't have all the smart features are far better for gaming.
ALWAYS ignore any 100htz/120htz blurb on TV's ,its marketing rubbish ,they're all 60htz really & that fancy 100htz+ processing foes nothing for gaming at all.

Ironmattman

Estimable
Nov 27, 2014
(I don't know how to respond to answers so I'm doing this) it doesn't have a preset, I tried looking it up and it's motion blur I'm seeing,but their shouldn't be any on a 120hz TV right?

There is no such thing as a 120htz set mate ( not unless you're using a $5000ish 4k set (& only a couple of these are real 100htz+.

That's 120htz setting is just fancy picture processing & is useless for gaming.
You need to disable literally every option there is for gaming.
What TV is it?

They haven't lied mate as such ,its just marketing blurb - my set is also advertised as '120' htz - its not but itvdoes a good job gaming.
The pannys have good panels & should be decent for gaming.
What's the actual model ?? Bestbuy weblink??

Its pretty barebone on the settings front mate as you say.
Best I can suggest is put in standard mode,disable energy saving.disable any motion or movie setting options that are available.
Its a budget panel - ifcthe ghosting is still unacceptable I would return it if possible.
There are sets for the same money that while don't have all the smart features are far better for gaming.
ALWAYS ignore any 100htz/120htz blurb on TV's ,its marketing rubbish ,they're all 60htz really & that fancy 100htz+ processing foes nothing for gaming at all.

Solution