My Samsung SP50HTLX rear projection TV will not get a picture through the HDMI cable when connected up with Blu Ray Player or

eeleel

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
My Samsung SP50HTLX rear projection TV will not get a picture through the HDMI cable when connected up with Blu Ray Player or Amazon Fire TV

When I have tried to change resolution on Blu Ray and Amazon TV nothing happens still a black TV Screen

Sky HDMI Box works fine

Any suggestion

eeleel

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

Hi

Tried the HDCP cable route and no luck

Everything works fine with Sky + but no luck with the Blu Ray and Amazon Fire TV (on the HDMI connection)

Samsung no help whatsoever

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I don't understand what you mean by "HDMI cable route". HDCP is something your TV needs to support, if your TV lacks HDCP you'll get a black screen when playing copy protected video, such as Blu Ray.

eeleel

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Hi Sorry for the way I put my statement

What I meant was I connected a HDCP cable between the blu ray HDMI port and the Samsung TV HDMI port but still got a blank screen

gopher1369

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Thanks for clarifying. In which case my response remains the same, all 3 components have to support HDCP to play back copy protected content, so the Blu Ray player and the cable and the TV all have to support HDCP. If any one of them doesn't support it, black screen. My guess is that your TV is an older model and does not support HDCP.

I suspect the Sky box works because it uses a different type of copy protection (conjecture).

It might be worth ringing Samsung again and asking them if your model is HDCP compatible. I tried to look this model up on their website, but it's not listed (at least not on the UK site I just got "no results found" http://www.samsung.com/uk/search/?q=SP50HTLX ),

eeleel

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Hi

Thanks for your response.Samsung extremely hard to talk to (for many reasons) but will try and get an answer and if OK with you will send you an answer

You are quite correct the TV is 2005 but what a picture

Thanks for all your help and appreciate your time.Will advise

Have a good day

nicknick

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

nicknick

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Hi Gopher.

Stuck with your train of thought and did a little bit more research and hey presto I have found the answer in the form of a little gizmo I already had.Yes it was a HDCP issue and the gizmo is perfectly legal and on sale anywhere

Thanks for all your assistance.I cant help thinking these Giant firms don't want you to know the answer but then surely not

Have a good one

Lizbabez

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015

What's the gizmo because Iv got the same problem. Trying to connect an android box to the same TV?
Thanks liz