SammySmith

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
I just bought a brand new Samsung smart tv (Samsung UE32H6200) and I wanted to use it as a monitor for my computer but when I connect it i the TV says there's no signal. I tried al the HDMI gates but nothing seems to work. My PC is a Packard Bell with Windows 10, Intel core i5 processor 3470 and a Nvidia Geforce Gt630 video card. Please help me!

Solution
If the resolution on your PC is set higher than 1920 x 1080 you won't get a picture. On many TVs you have to select the input before you boot the PC or the TV won't know to "handshake" with the PC.
Does the Samsung TV work otherwise?

Did you use the TV menus to set the active HDMI port to match the connected port? Meaning the port to which the computer is connected.

Is your computer set to set video outpor to the correct port? Are the computer's video drivers up to date for Windows 10?

More information is needed. Thanks.

SammySmith

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

I tested the connection with my labtop and everything worked fine, it's just the PC that won't connect to it. I also tried all the different ports located on my TV but none seemed to work. I used the driverreviver program to install the newest drivers and updated the other drivers using the Nvidia Geforce program. And I don't know if my computer has set the video outpor to the correct port, I really don't know what to do to be honest. I had a problem like this before when i tried to connect my first monitor it wouldn't connect when I put it straight in the VGA port, it only worked when I used the DVI port and used a connector so I could connect the VGA cable from my monitor to the DVI port.