Need help before I tear out my hair

Dormi93

Commendable
May 5, 2016
I am using the Acronis true image HD 2015 and I attempted to use it to copy over my hard drive to a new one. During the operation it said that a file could not be transferred. I clicked retry and it failed. So I hit ignore, then it started to say it would take 24+ hours to complete the operation (I only had about 40gb of data to transfer). Then it restarted and it keeps failing and I cannot exit the program, I try to boot into my control and repair software but it will not and it keeps going to acronis to try to copy the hard drive and it keeps failing. What do I do and why the hell is this happening?
I am using anow asus power of gaming laptop with Windows 8.1

Solution
I'd suggest you try to resolve this by unplugging the old HDD and leaving only the new one, @Dormi. However, you need the Windows Installation Media to begin the clean install process, so if you don't have it, you'd need to create a bootable drive with the OS following the MS instructions from my previous post.

I'd also recommend you check reseat the connections to the drives and also attempt to resolve the issue by resetting BIOS from the interface settings.

Let me know it goes!
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the TH community, Dormi!

I'd strongly recommend you to test your current HDD using its brand-specific manufacturer's diagnostic tool and check up on the health and S.M.A.R.T. status. In case you are unable to find this utility on the HDD's official website, you can refer to some third-party testing tool suggestions from the forum. If the HDD's health is degrading, I'd advise you to consider clean installing Windows on your newly acquired drive. Just make sure you have only one HDD connected to the SATA ports on the motherboard when you do this, otherwise, you are bound to encounter an OS confusion that will further cause you booting problems.

Keep me posted with the S.M.A.R.T. results & good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Dormi93

Commendable
May 5, 2016
I can't even get away from the program to go to test my hdd, because whenever I start my computer it instantly goes to the program. Then it asks me to restart it, and when I do it instantly goes to the program and it just repeats the cycle.

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
I'd suggest you try to resolve this by unplugging the old HDD and leaving only the new one, @Dormi. However, you need the Windows Installation Media to begin the clean install process, so if you don't have it, you'd need to create a bootable drive with the OS following the MS instructions from my previous post.

I'd also recommend you check reseat the connections to the drives and also attempt to resolve the issue by resetting BIOS from the interface settings.

Let me know it goes!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution