Need help connecting studio monitors + subwoofer > audio interface

zthetech

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I currently have this 2:1 system https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121130 and I'm planning on swapping the satellites out for the PreSonus E4.5 studio monitors. Tutorial videos I've seen show connecting subs to the monitors with tsr input and outputs and then connecting to the audio interface but this sub only has 2 rca,and the sub itself connects via 3.5mm.

Is it possible to have the sub playing by connecting it to my laptop while Im also running the studio monitors through my audio interface? Or is it possible to have the sub running through the phones tsr in my audio interface while the monitors run through the audio interface outputs?

Solution
I would suggest splitting the audio output of the interface and connecting both the sub and monitors to that output.
You may need to connect the control module to the output and the sub to it.
You could do this with the headphone out but it might be more output than needed. The audio output should sound better since you aren't going through the headphone amp.
I would suggest splitting the audio output of the interface and connecting both the sub and monitors to that output.
You may need to connect the control module to the output and the sub to it.
You could do this with the headphone out but it might be more output than needed. The audio output should sound better since you aren't going through the headphone amp.

Solution
Dec 19, 2018

Hey what did you end up doing? literally have this exact setup and scenario going on!

Dec 19, 2018
I have this exact same scenario with the same subwoofer going on. WHat did you end up doing? I have this freakn old firebox interface and it has 6 outputs u can use but all these new afforable interfaces only have enough for 2 monitors so.