Need help with cables

Jonzy96

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi,

I have an old Aiwa CX-50 sound system, and am trying to wire my new record player up to it, via the Aiwa's AUX port on the rear, the cable has just a yellow and a white connector, no red, but all the cables I am finding online are red and white and all three.

The sound system and record player are only setup for white and yellow pins. #

Help!!

Solution
The colors of the cable heads has nothing to do with it since there is nothing magical in the cable saying that the white tipped cable will only use left channel audio. If you have a 2 conductor cable with the RCA connectors, that will work properly. Or if you have 2 single conductor cables, no matter the color, those will work as well.)

Just ensure that the matching colors of the components are connected.

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
yellow is for video and white is the left channel audio ( also know as mono) to get stereo sound you would need red and white. you can trick your record player into stereo sound by buying a splitter to change the white plug into two plugs and then plug them into the red and white ports on the sound system.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Just make sure that you match the same colors on the devices, the color of the cable plugs don't matter. The colors have been standardized now as a color coded guide but the composition of the wiring between the two plugs are the same.

(It's good practice, though, to connect the color of the cable plug to the color on the device, if you have it. White would go to white on each device.)

Jonzy96

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015

See, I've got an old cd player (Technik) attached to the main unit via a white and yellow headed cable, and am using stereo speakers, off of the main unit. But what you are saying, is that the setup between the devices is not stereo, because it is missing red, not that there are any ports on the devices for this colour.

I think I may just have to get a red, white, yellow cable, just not use the red. hope that will work.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
The colors of the cable heads has nothing to do with it since there is nothing magical in the cable saying that the white tipped cable will only use left channel audio. If you have a 2 conductor cable with the RCA connectors, that will work properly. Or if you have 2 single conductor cables, no matter the color, those will work as well.)

Just ensure that the matching colors of the components are connected.

Solution