Need to move 300+ media files from PC to Playlists on my Android.

tomx2

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hi.

I have over 300 music tracks I would like to upload to 5 different playists on my Android mobile.
Basically I want to transfer playlists from my PC to a targeted Android playlist.

The only option I can do now is:
1. Upload 300+ media files from my PC to the Android's fixed “Recently Added” music storage.
2. Once there, I would have to manually copy 1 by 1 each media track from “recently added” to my predefined Android playlist.

I looked in the software Moborobo. Great interface, but will only upload media files to your Recently Added music storage.
There is no transfer of PC playlist to Android Playlist using Moborobo.

When I had a LG Android phone, I used LG PC Suite software interface. Using this, you could interface your PC playlist with the Android and upload each playlist seamlessly to it's specified target. However LG PC Suite only works with LG models.

Is there any freeware software available that works similar to LG PC Suite?
Or is there a "out of the box" manual procedure I can streamline the upload & transfer to my targeted playlists w/o going through the single copy option. I am not to concern about syncing. As I will always overly a fresh copy. 

Thanks.
TC.

Solution
You could try with the following solution:
1) mount the android device on your PC (Connect via USB)
2) drag & drop the music you want to copy to the device
3) If you have iTunes, and in Itunes there are your playlists, you can export them with the ".m3u" extension.
4) Copy the exported playlist in your phone and you'll see that android will recognize the playlist with your songs.

This method works well if you have iTunes, and it does not require any special software to do that.

predator-152

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014
You could try with the following solution:
1) mount the android device on your PC (Connect via USB)
2) drag & drop the music you want to copy to the device
3) If you have iTunes, and in Itunes there are your playlists, you can export them with the ".m3u" extension.
4) Copy the exported playlist in your phone and you'll see that android will recognize the playlist with your songs.

This method works well if you have iTunes, and it does not require any special software to do that.

Solution

tomx2

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

My Android is called I-Style I-mobile.
I purchased it in Asia.

Tomx.

tomx2

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Hi.

The drag & drop I am aware of. When you drop the track to the device it goes into "Recently Added" storage by default.
As stated in my original post using drag & drop procedure or Moborobo, I will have over 300 media files in Recently Added music storage..
Now I will have to individually copy each track to my specified playlist on my phone, which I am trying to avoid.

Itunes i try to avoid now. It's bulky and gave me problems years ago.

predator-152

Estimable
Aug 27, 2014

I know that drag&drop will not work alone, but if you export a playlist from a software like iTunes or WMP and you save it with the .m3u extension, android will automatically see it as playlist, and you will not have to add all the songs manually.

tomx2

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hey predator-152
Your a genius. It Worked!

Here what I did.
First, I am already using VLC as my current video/media player.
Doing a little exploring on vlc tabs, I notice VLC can save a playlist with a m3u extension.

1. Copied 10 media files from my PC playlist to VLC playlist.
2. Saved vlc playlist as a m3u file.
3. Drag/drop the 10 media files to my device.
4. Drag/drop vlc m3u playlist to my device.
5. Android device now added the vlc playlist having 10 media tracks.

Thanks – you saved me a lot of time.

Tomx2.