New 55" UHD LED LCD Polaroid TV appears rather pixelated

benjaminluke04

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Recently installed new polaroid tv (PU-553016UHD) but it appears rather low res and pixelated, im unsure as to why this is as the power cord and antenna are both plugged in correctly, i've browsed the settings for a long time and the picture mode setting makes no change in quality, as a side note i also have a ps3 plugged in via hdmi cable and wii plugged in via a cable that connects to audio and pcr inputs (unsure if its actually the pcr input or something similar). However i have a suspiscion this "pixelated image" may just be due to the change in tv size as our previous tv was 46" compared to this 55". Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
A larger screen will make problems more evident but I suspect that the problem may be that low priced 4K TVs tend to skimp on video processing. This results in sources that are less than 4k not looking as good as they would on an older TV. Since 4k is limited to blueray discs, streaming content, and on demand satellite you don't have any 4k content available to you. It's likely that if you saw the TV before purchasing it the demo was 4k.
A larger screen will make problems more evident but I suspect that the problem may be that low priced 4K TVs tend to skimp on video processing. This results in sources that are less than 4k not looking as good as they would on an older TV. Since 4k is limited to blueray discs, streaming content, and on demand satellite you don't have any 4k content available to you. It's likely that if you saw the TV before purchasing it the demo was 4k.

Solution