mikmik91

Estimable
Mar 8, 2014
A friend of mine has a Nextbook 10.1 tablet, and he said he had accidentally set his book bag down a little too hard with the Nextbook inside of his bag. The device will now not turn on. I have managed to remove the back covering and attempted to reseat the battery, but the device still won't turn on. What else can I do/try?

I've tried forcing a system reset with Power button and Vol + key, and that doesn't work. I've tried connecting it via USB to a PC and that doesn't work.

The device charges, and the light turns amber to signify it's fully charged, but the unit still won't turn on.

Can anybody point me to a site with a teardown manual and pictures/guides to what cables go to which peripheral? I'd like to try reseating more components but not sure what/how to do it. Advice in general would be nice too.

In addition, While trying different combinations of buttons and reseating a few ribbons, I managed to somehow turn on the Voice Helper. I could touch randomly on the screen and it would talk back to me what I'm pressing, but still can't see anything.

Is it safe to assume one of the screens got shattered? The main screen is in tact, and I can see no damages to either the digitizer or the screen, so not sure what's going on. Thoughts?